Current Employment Opportunities
Great Oaks Recovery Center, a subsidiary of Summit Behavioral Healthcare, offers a comprehensive benefit plan and a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Great Oaks Recovery Center is an EOE.
Admissions Director, Substance Abuse Treatment Facility
Great Oaks Recovery Center is a 32 bed residential facility located in the beautiful rural community of Egypt, Texas about 60 miles southwest of Houston. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic individual to oversee the admissions department and lead admissions to the next level as we expand our capacity to 48 beds. The individual we are seeking should be enthusiastic, energetic, compassionate, and operate with a high level of integrity. Our treatment program is based on the disease model of addiction, and our facility is a member of the Summit BHC family of facilities. Our company values of integrity, competence and compassion are reflected in the client population we serve.
The Director of Admissions is responsible for the daily operations of the Admissions Department including supervision of staff, being a liaison to the clinical team and referral sources, and conducting marketing efforts on behalf of the organization. The person in this position needs to understand the importance of ‘first impressions’ and strives for the best when welcoming clients, family members and guests to the facility. The Director of Admissions also performs and/or oversees the processes of initial assessments, benefit verification, initial pre-certification and daily updating of patient census.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and participate in daily operation of admissions department
- Demonstrate understanding of referral sources and provide linkage between referral sources and clinical team
- Participate in treatment team and flash meetings
- Develop and utilize referral database
- Comprehensive knowledge of admissions process and managed care company relationships
- Participate in Performance Improvement (PI) committee and active involvement in PI initiatives
- Develop/revise tools for use in PI
- Review clinical assessments performed by other staff
- Working knowledge of DSM IV-R (Axis I-V)
- Interact with diverse client population
- Assess and distinguish level of care for clients based on clinical interview using ASAM criteria
- Maintain confidentiality of facility employees and clients
Qualified applicant will possess good verbal and written skills. Able to work independently; able to conduct client interviews; maintain a calm and professional demeanor at all times; able to handle stressful situations; able to work flexible hours; and be willing to seek outside advice as needed. Strong interpersonal and computer skills is a must. We prefer someone who has a minimum of two (2) years of experience with the 12 step model of addiction treatment and possesses an LCDC or equivalent.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered along with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Qualified applicants should apply by submitting resume directly here. Great Oaks Recovery Center is an EOE.
If you would like to submit your resume for us to keep on file, please do so here.